• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta 60mm Ball Bearing Fan 38cfm 3Pin connector QUESTION!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoodGuy

Registered
Will a Delta 60mm Ball Bearing Fan 38cfm 3Pin connector fan work on a BE6 - 2 ???? or do i need a 3 to 4 pin converter so it draws the power out of the power supply instead....the fan spins 7000 rpm's and draws 3.84 volts...what i want to know is if anyone has been successful using this on a BE6-2 mobo. tks!

By the way I've tried the fans 3 different ways. Having both blowing down on the heatsink keeping it cool, blowing out extracting the heat, and having one extract and the other blowing down. I found the one blowing down, and the other extracting to be the best setup for me. You may wanna check it out. Just my 2 cents.

Well somewhere along the line I lost my first response to your post. Anyway I have an Alpha P3125 and before installing it was recommended by most not to run these particular fans through the motherboard. Obviously I didn't, I run them through my power supply.

PIII 700E@1030, Abit BE6 II, Mushkin PC133 rev2.0, Leadtek DDR, Maxtor 20 gig 7200RPM

"Just another victim of Public Education"

GoodGuy (Dec 18, 2000 12:47 a.m.):
Will a Delta 60mm Ball Bearing Fan 38cfm 3Pin connector fan work on a BE6 - 2 ???? or do i need a 3 to 4 pin converter so it draws the power out of the power supply instead....the fan spins 7000 rpm's and draws 3.84 volts...what i want to know is if anyone has been successful using this on a BE6-2 mobo. tks!

i would REALLY recommend getting a 3 to 4 (or 4 to 3, i forget which one) converter so you can run that fan off of the powersupply, does anybody know how to run it off the power supply, but still use the RPM feature???

My bloody delta killed my Mobo Fan header, so I had to get a 4-3pin adaptor, and it was annoyingly whistley. It wasn't the volume more the pitch, that drove me to swap it for a YS-Tech- It was very annoying when trying to watch DVDs on my PC.

Shouldn't that be 3.84Amps? It runs from a 12Volt supply.

Hmm, I was pondering the same question- Could I still get an RPM Readout? Well, could I?

CFusion (Dec 18, 2000 10:54 a.m.):
GoodGuy (Dec 18, 2000 12:47 a.m.):

i would REALLY recommend getting a 3 to 4 (or 4 to 3, i forget which one) converter so you can run that fan off of the powersupply, does anybody know how to run it off the power supply, but still use the RPM feature???

I run all my fans through a fanbus. But to retain the nice RPM monitoring, I only cut the black and red wires from the 3-pin connector. The yellow wire carries RPM info, so if you plug that into the mb and wire the power to come from a 4-pin or via a fanbus, then you get the best of both worlds - without blown fan headers.

I've found that many times the motherboard does not supply nominal current for power hungry fans. Even if it does not burn out your fan header, it will probably run slower and be less effective if you run it off the motherboard. This is true with my Delta 120mm fan anyway on my P3v4x, though it is possible that this is an isolated instance and that normally it makes no difference.

I run all my fans through a fanbus. But to retain the nice RPM monitoring, I only cut the black and red wires from the 3-pin connector. The yellow wire carries RPM info, so if you plug that into the mb and wire the power to come from a 4-pin or via a fanbus, then you get the best of both worlds - without blown fan headers.

Is it really that simple? Just grab the yellow (or blue? on my delta) wire slap the end into a dead speaker plastic plug but that'll fit on the other pins and as long as it's going to the right pin, it should work. Next time I have my case side off, I'll try that!

[4]I NEED A NEW MOUSE- SANTA![/4] My left button on my cheapie optical has died- soz 4 2x post!

Is it really that simple? Just grab the yellow (or blue? on my delta) wire slap the end into a dead speaker plastic plug but that'll fit on the other pins and as long as it's going to the right pin, it should work. Next time I have my case side off, I'll try that!

Back