• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Big Freazer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brint

Classic Senior Dude
The plan is to freeze the mobo down with the PCI cards, ram and CPU only, the rest will be put out side the freezer. The only problem will be the condense water. If any one has any ideas on how to prevent this problem then please help by posting in this thread. You can see the plan in the old forum under cooling and the threads name is The Case Freazer (Big Freazer)

Held og lykke med projektet! Husk at fortælle os, om det lykkes!

Translation: Good luck with your project! Remember to let us know if you succeed.

brint (Dec 18, 2000 03:20 p.m.):
The plan is to freeze the mobo down with the PCI cards, ram and CPU only, the rest will be put out side the freezer. The only problem will be the condense water. If any one has any ideas on how to prevent this problem then please help by posting in this thread. You can see the plan in the old forum under cooling and the threads name is The Case Freazer (Big Freazer)

People have tried sticking there computers inside mini fridges and the sort. there is a large problem with this, and that is the nature of the coolant system. A refrigerator/freezer is made to slowly cool down the inside. Subsequently a computer makes more heat than a refrigerator can cool to a good temp. I think there are many better, smaller, and probably cheaper ways to cool your system. If you still go along with the freezer idea, I would make sure it has a VERY GOOD compressor to keep things cool when the processor is under a full load. Also I would make sure the refrigerator is airtight, and dehumidify it until there's no water left inside to condensate. You could always just silicon coat the WHOLE thing after you plugged all the cards in :) Good luck, but I don't think a freezer is the answer.

I've been wanting to buy the condenser coil and compressor pump for a 15cubic foot freezer and make a small double walled, with foam between the walls, box. One just big enough for my mobo and cards. I could get that baby down to -60..... Thats a big compressor. One of these day I might just do it to.

Dear Jim:

Their is no need to dehumidify a freezer. Once air is so cold the moisture crystallizes out of it anyway. Why do you think people get dry skin and chapped lips in the winter (assuming they live in harsh climates like my native Michigan climate)? Cold air is naturally dry, and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Well I think we can do it, but you must understand that the system will only be running for 10-15 minutes and then the project will be done and we will get an A+ for it. (Well we hope)

Back