• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I REALLY need help with ezcd creator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElGriton

Ok I needed to reinstall WinXP Pro and now I can't use my EZ-CD Creator. After I install it it dosen't work and when I try to install an update it says to qualifying product found. I have been to the Roxio web site but thier support page is down for maintenance. I need to use the EZCD because all my backup CDs are stored in the .cif format. Any help would be great about as I don't have much hair to pull out.:mad:

WindowsXP has alot of compatability problems with burning software. I've successfully used Nero Burning Rom on an XP box before, while easy cd creator caused alot of problems. I don't know if Nero will read your .cif files or not, but it's worth a try.

With all the compatability problems XP had, in addition to it wanting to do everything itself, i put 2kpro back on.

Good Luck!

I have EZ CD creator 5 running on my XP Pro Box with NO problems. Have you downloaded the update and the XP patch? If I remember right, you have to update it, then use the xp patch (what ever its called...get it from the website). I followed there instructions, and have had no issues from Ez CD on my xp pro box

I have the answer to solve all your problems my friend. Ditch Easy CD and get Nero. Easy CD was my primary burning program for awhile, and even after I got used to it and figured everything out I still didn't like it. Enter Ahead's Nero Burning Rom, it's awsome, you have so much control over burning, things that were hard to do or didn't exist on Easy CD. You can burn pretty much anything on it.

canibalpenguin said:
I have the answer to solve all your problems my friend. Ditch Easy CD and get Nero. Easy CD was my primary burning program for awhile, and even after I got used to it and figured everything out I still didn't like it. Enter Ahead's Nero Burning Rom, it's awsome, you have so much control over burning, things that were hard to do or didn't exist on Easy CD. You can burn pretty much anything on it.
I have Nero and use it alot. However I have several .CIF image files that can only be burned with EZCD. Like sfa ok said the support page is back up and I have fixed my problem. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Back