• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Protein

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gtsimmo

Okay in a weird move Stanford has released two seperate proteins with the same name p145_1L2Yunf. One of them is worth 0.6 pts while the other is worth whopping 6 pts with a 20 day deadline!!! Now if your like my and use EM3 you will get some initial error reports when you get the bigger one, since it will expect it to fold alot faster. This protein has already cause quite a few confusions. So dont freak out thinking your CPU has slowed down when you see this new one.

http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html

145 p145_1L2Yunf 201 4 0.6 Description
146 p145_1L2Yunf 201 20 6 Description

I guess from looking at it the 20 point protein should be named p146_1L2Yunf seems odd for a 20 pointer to only have 201 atoms though.

If anyone gets one can you post rough frame times here please?

Rich

lol - brother just got one :)

it folds about 10 minutes per frame on a stock XP1800+

funny really cos he was saying yesterday he wanted a 6 pointer (after i'd told him the biggest you could get was 5)

Rich

from vijay on this:
yea, sorry. P146 got labeled as P145's. P146 is 6 points and takes 10x longer than P145 (0.6 points). Other than the labeling on the .xyz file (which doesn't have any internal meaning -- it's just there for people to see which WU they get), there is no problem. Sorry for the mixup.

vijay

so all that happened was it was labled wrong, oh well, as long is there isn't a problem i guess it is alright:D

FOLD ON
NAS

new WU

Got one right now on my main rig. The client errored out and tried to send it at only 54 frames. I restarted the client and its going fine now... about 9 minutes/frame @ 1750.

Folding Forums

Team 32 even has a private room there where we can discuss secret strategy, but that's not the only non-public place we can chat. :)

However, because these are unofficial locations where O/C forums rules aren't strictly enforced, we can't post the information here. You'll have to PM one of the Team Leaders to get the details.

Damn, I thought there was a problem with my Unlocked Duron last night. It kept getting the big protein while my XP1800 kept getting the small one Grrr...

I lost at least 3 WU because of this. :(

Average 8.76 Min/frame on XP 1736 Mhz (proteinA was 8.53 min btw).

Also noticed:

- Dynamic steps required: 5000000

That seems like more than usual! Guess they are going for precision?

-Rav

6 pointer

OK, now I've got 4 of these on my boxes at home. Every rig has one!!!

gtsimmo said:
Okay in a weird move Stanford has released two seperate proteins with the same name p145_1L2Yunf. One of them is worth 0.6 pts while the other is worth whopping 6 pts with a 20 day deadline!!! Now if your like my and use EM3 you will get some initial error reports when you get the bigger one, since it will expect it to fold alot faster. This protein has already cause quite a few confusions. So dont freak out thinking your CPU has slowed down when you see this new one.

http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html

it was an error on stanfords part they have the wrong name they should be p146_1L2Yunf but some how it got crossed with p145_1L2Yunf don't worry from what I have been told even though it has the wrong name it will still give you the right amount of points you are suppose to get.

gtsimmo said:
I just checked the link and it looks like they corrected the situation and it's been renamed p146_1L2Yunf :)

yea when I got home today it was already corrected on the site but they are still getting sent out as p145's still so if you have a p145 that takes 8-11 minutes per a frame it's a 6 pointer and if it only takes around a minute it's a .6 pointer thats the only way I know of telling them apart

I am folding the p-145 Protien and at stock onmy dual XP1800
I am running 11 minutes a frame ... Also folding a p-143 at 7 minutes a frame ....

Back