• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can I score an AGOIA or AROIA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ottoman

aight.
here's the dealy I got an 1800+ but it's an AGKGA Y
and isn't a happy ocer...

so I'm lookin for an AGOIA or AROIA,

1600+ is what ppl seem to be having the luck with..

here's the thing, I don't want another cpu if it isn't 1 of these steppings...

I have water cooling and feel I'm wasting it on this cpu when I could be doin better

any one know where I can get one guaranteed?

http://www.svcompucycle.com

They have AGOIA 1600's for sale for $79 last I checked. Other than that I've heard that newegg is almost garaunteed to be an AGOIA or AROIA for $66 free shipping. I went with newegg and I'll know what I got come wednesday.

And weird, I'm currently running an 1800 AGKGA also...

--Illah

Well Newegg for sure since it's only 70.00 and your guaranteed an AGOIA or AROIA. Everyone there has gotten an AGOIA or AROIA, no one has gotten an older stepping since Newegg sells chips so fast. The only problem is they don't ship internationally so you'd have to ask someone you'd trust to order and ship it to you.

Yodums

I just ordered another XP1600+ from newegg this morning.
hopefully I get a "y" stepping this time. :)

maxima88 said:
I just ordered another XP1600+ from newegg this morning.
hopefully I get a "y" stepping this time. :)
I got my second XP 1600 AGOIA "Y" from newegg yesterday. Ordered friday. Does 1.85 with an AX-7 on 8K3A, 52C Load, 1.85V. Would probably go higher, but I don't want to push the voltage on air.

Hey, I ordered friday and I didn't get it yet. Oh well, no rush. Hopefully Friday was an AGOIA Y day :) I got my fingers crossed!

--Illah

Yeah i ordered mine monday morning so my 1600+ AGOGA will arrive tomorrow - gotta be positive....AGOGA...AGOIA...AROIA....sounds like some deathly spell

My 1800 did 145 before the unlock. With a vmod I still didn't even get a 200 MHz overclock (189 MHz to be exact)! I hear the AGOIA's get 300 MHz at STOCK voltage. Man... If this same trend carries to the tbreds by the time they're retired they'll be OCing to 2.5 GHz.

--Illah

Ugh! I ordered an 1600+ from newegg Sat, and the thought "AGIOA-y" must have gone through my head a dozen times.
<sigh> At least Fedex has quality tracking. It's currently at the sorting facility in LA.

got a AGOIA-9! ordered friday came today. I will post how it does.

what week/color was that AGOIA-Y that did 1.85?

My 1600+ from newegg arrived today and its an AGOIA Y greenie.

Are a lot of you guys unlocking this chip then overclocking or just overclocking ? I dont know if i should wait for my "XP unlocking kit" to arrive first ?

thanx for the responses guys, looks like I'll be pickin mine up from newegg as wel

I called Fedex and they told me my order (XP1600+) from newegg is scheduled to be delivered to me on Friday.

Y Y Y Y Y Y Y is all I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

el said:
got a AGOIA-9! ordered friday came today. I will post how it does.

what week/color was that AGOIA-Y that did 1.85?

My AGOIA K is brown and runs stable at 1858mhz.:)

Just realised i dont know if mine is Y or not i can read the 2 lines as :

AGOIA 0212XPUW
Y8034970031

I know its year 2002 and week 12What are the letters afte that ?

Wow maxima! what is an agoia or aroia, and what is the best agoia or aroia, im trying to save up some cash, cuz i need hardware, and looking for a processor that can overclock pretty high with pretty good cooling, any suggestions, where can i get one,and how much, what would you suggest, i am an extreme gamer? what is the best processor to oc? Thanx in advance. new here, and just trying to get alot out of the least. Thanx in advance. Also what is a good stable motherboard that allows good overclocking with the cpu u will mention? Im thinking about one with the KT333 chipsets anyway, heard they are really good.

Pedro

Back