• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 2.0 unrecognised on A7V333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nibb

HI folks,
hoping you can heop. I have an otherwise fine A7v333 mobo, I was running in Jumper free mode, have switched to jumpers and IO definitely have the USB2.0 jumper in enabled. Im using windows XP and cannot see any of the USB 2.0 ports live. If I use the game/usb combined extra card and swap the USB connector to the usb1.0 header, it works, but not the USB 2.0

Anyone any ideas at all?

Did you install the drivers for USB 2.0? , this must be done to be recognized by the OS.

tuskenraider said:
Did you install the drivers for USB 2.0? , this must be done to be recognized by the OS.

Yes I did, or rather I tried to do so. The Install for the USB 2.0 drivers shot right through whereas the manual reckonned I would have to input some info or at least click on a button or two. Seems a bit too quick to me. Not convinced the port is visible.

I have since put Linux on the machine too, and it cannot see the USB 2.0 - but can see the USB1.0

Go into your device manager and see if you have a "USB 2.0 Root Hub Device" and "VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Hub Controller". If not then it isn't installed properly. Either way, you can find version 2.24 at VIA's site and try that.

Back