• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need two separate network configs for Win2K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Len

I have a PC running Win2K. Normally it is configured with a static IP to connect to a corporate intranet. I need to be able to quickly toggle back and forth between the static IP and 'obtain IP automatically'. I know I can just go into network setting and change to 'obtain IP automatically' but then to change back to the static IP I have to enter 5 IP address for IP, subnet, gateway and two DNS IPs. There must be an easier way. I tried creating a new admin user login but, unless I'm missing something, the network settings seem to be shared among all users. In other words, I can't set one user to a static IP and the other user to 'obtain IP automatically'.

I've also tried to create a second LAN connection in Win2K's 'Network and Dial-up connections' but when I run the 'Make New Connection' wizard there is no option to create a new LAN connection.

Any suggestions?

Create a Second Hardware profile rather than a user profile.

System Properties - Hardware - Hardware Profiles.

This should allow you to do what you want.

Back