• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd's in xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
i recently upgraded to xp

now it says that it cant run a dvd becase it doesnt have the encode somthing or other

how so you get media player to play dvds

with out paying for anything

wmp needs a codec for playing dvds... i haven't used it in forever so i don't even remember what to get or where to get it.

i'm in love with my decoder card :)

Maxvla said:
wmp needs a codec for playing dvds... i haven't used it in forever so i don't even remember what to get or where to get it.

i'm in love with my decoder card :)

how informative :rolleyes:

anyone else

crash893 said:

how informative :rolleyes:

anyone else

i looked and looked around the m$ and all i came up with is that you can get the codec with 3rd party software. of course that is what you are trying to avoid.

started looking around for free players and this is the best i could come up with. maybe you can get the codec from that.

hope this helps and i will keep searching for ya:D

FOLD ON
NAS

I use WinDVD, so I don't know if this will work. There's a codec pack that you could download and it has almost any codec you could think of. It's called Nimo Codec Pack and it's recommended by almost everyone at VCDHelp. See if that'll work.

thank you soooooo much

im checking a few of thouse sites out now ill let you know how its goes

booooooooooooooo ya it works

nimo is the best thing since sliced bread

thanks guys

Back