• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it worth an extra $50 for epox 8K3a+ over KR7ARAiD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godzen

Registered
I have a xtremeddr 2700 athlon xp1600...Would like to overclock the fsb to somewhere in the field of 155-166? I ordered both board but i'm going to return one of them. Is the abit capable of overclocking to this fsb? my athlonxp is locked at 10.5....Is it worth the extra $50 for the epox? Do you really gain a noticable performance difference (real life, no benchmark) between the two boards?

Your not going to see any difference clock for clock.

Only benchmarks will discern the 2.

Overclocking now is a different story. The Epox might edge out the Abit by a small margin.

I really don't see the reason for spending the extra unless your wanting the best of the best of the best , SIR!

hmmm well I would get the 8k3a because it has the internal cpu diode reader, the KT333 chipset and more OCing features. I mean for me my computer is a hobby, I tweak it for fun not for neccesity. 50 bucks is worth it to me because i mess around with it so much and tehre are so many options. Also I would run that CPU around 170 FSB minimum it should take it no problems. you want to stay above 166 because anything around 160-165 puts your HD running really fast and will probably cause HD corruption after a while. I don't know if the kr7 hasa 1/5 divider either....

I've owned both boards. I like the Epox more than the Abit b/c it's got the 1/5 divider, higher Vcore and Vdimm options and it's also got that snazzy little troubleshooting readout thing. But don't get me wrong, the Abit's a great board too...it's just I'd rather run the Epox.

~THT

Back