• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz Help! Computer build problem :( video wont show

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

I just put togther another system and my video wont work!....My system turns on ok but thats it, no video comes out on the display. I tried 2 other video cards but nothing still, I put them back in their orginal computers and they work fine. My sig shows what I am trying to run...Any trouble shooting hints? Could the proc be bad or mounted wrong or would it have smoked? I left it on 5 min or so ....to see if I got video....Any suggestions are appreciated!

thanks Ron

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:::

I tried to re-seat it and clr cmos, nothing happened. I left the system run to see if anything would pop up but nothing happened.

My system: Only parts hooked up

epox 8k3a kt333 (may be problem)

xp 1800 agoia / pal 8045 (may be problem) (heatsink not hot to touch, but the bolts on back of board I did tighten alot.)

geforce 3 asus (works in other computer)
cosair pc 3200 (works in other computer)

enermax 431 fc (not sure doubt this is problem)

Thanks Ron

Ok. Was the PAL on tight enough? Those offsets have a tendancy to spin when you're tightening it down, so they don't apply proper downward pressure on the processor. I use a small wrench that'll fit under the sink, over the offsets, and it stops them from spinning.

I suspect that it's either the processor (Most likely) or when your offsets were spinning, they cut some traces on the motherboard (happened to me. Less likely, but still possible).

Do you get any beep codes? It sounds like there is a good chance the mobo is dead.

Back