• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek 75DRV5, Mushkin PC2700, Athlon 1600+ Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

valinos

Registered
Ok, I recently got my AROIA 1600+ processor and plopped it into my 75DRV5. At the time I had 2 sticks of 256MB Crucial PC2100 Cas 2.5 and I was able to hit 151 FSB stock multiplier for a real 1900+ with no stability issues.

I had heard a lot of good stuff about the AROIA and how it was able to hit 2000+ and 2100+ easily with air cooling. Well, I figured I just needed some PC2700 to give it some more headroom because the Crucial memory wasn't overclocking very well at all and I kept getting memory dump errors in WinXP.

I got my 512MB stick of Mushking PC2700 (the on-sale variety without the heat spreader) and pulled out the Crucial hoping to hit a magical 166 FSB or at least a 157 for a real 2000+

Well, after trying for awhile I could simply not go beyond 154 FSB without major stability issues in WinXP and the same memory dump errors. The processor is running at a cool 45C max under load with my Swiftech MCX452 but just won't push harder. Upping the voltage to 1.85 hasn't helped either. I think it is the memory just not able to push hard enough. What do you guys think? Anything I could do? Is there a way to divide the PCI bus to possibly get some more stability? Any way to OC the RAM? The only options I have in the BIOS are 133 and 166.

I just don't know what else to do. I've pretty much exhausted everything I know of for this setup and it is killing me to be sooo close to 2000+ but not there. Any suggestions from successful 75DRV/1600+/Mushkin PC2700 owners would be highly appreciated and any info from anyone else as well.

I'm going to dig around the Soltek manual and see if I can find any info and maybe get a few more MHZ until then.

i think it's youre mushkin ram, not sure but from what i've read on these forums is that the mushkin ramn doesn't like high voltage. somebody else might say the same thing. so my guess would be to lower your volts to the ram.
my 2 cetns. :cool:

Try to unlock your cpu and run it on a lower multiplier, then try upping the fsb and see what happens. I find these soltek boards dont do very well above 150 fsb or so on the default multiplier, dont know why.

that RAM should make it past 166mhz so I dont think that is what is holding you back. You could try to boot up at 166 FSB with the 1/5 divisor the only thing running out of spec would be the CPU (since you have pc2700), ideally you should do that at a lower multiplier.

Back