• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clean install of 2K???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Was talked into trying out XP and really do not like it ... I would like to ditch XP Pro and get a clean install of 2K Pro ... Both are OEM versions ... Any help would be appreciated ... Thanks !!!

Not sure what you need help with... If your doing a clean install save anything you need off your hard drive somewhere else, fdisk your hard drive, format it and install Win2k.

get a win98 boot disk. Boot off it type "format C:" then after that is done, run fdisk check to see you have one partition or you can make some if you want. Then reboot with the 2k CD in the drive and everything else should be pretty self explanitory.

How about making a windows Me start up disk since it is the only computer I have access to right now

Well I made a Me startup disk and it told me did not support format C: ... so I typed in fdisk and deleted non DOS partition rebooted and at the A: prompt typed in format C: still no dice ... now it is stuck on "Verifying DMI Pool Data"

Well I cleared the CMOS and rebooted with the Me Startup disk and was able to get "format C:" at 17 percent

Back