• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gosh darn it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cupe|ix

God damn it!

For those of you unware of my previous problem...first I got the K7AMA, and it wouldn't power up. So I RMA'd the board, got the replacement, eventually got it to power up, and I get 1 long, 2 short and 1 long beep, no video display. So I figure the old video card I have on hand just wouldn't work. So I get my GF4 TI 4400 in the mail today, get home, throw the thing in, and the same thing, same beeps, and no display! What the &#^$ is going on here?!

Yeah, I'm positive it's in there properly, it IS detecting the card.

Not sure if the BIOS is AMI or not. But the beep code matches the one of video error. So what the heck does that mean, and how do I fix it?

I would verify that your video cards are good. Then, it can only be a failure on the motherboard, or installation problem.

Also, try clearing the cmos....do that first.

How do you know that it is detecting the card?

Yeah, cleared CMOS already. You know if it detects the video, because if you boot without one, it has a specific series of beeps. Those beeps go away if either card is plugged in, so at least it knows there's video installed.

Hold on, this is one of the problems I had on my K7VZA when I first put an XP chip in it.

Show's no video and give you the beep error. And wait a minute, lemme guess, sometimes it doesn't do anything. Powers up, spins the drive, and no video, but no beeps either. You reboot it about a dozen times, hold your tongue right, and it will reboot?

Cupe|ix said:
Yeah, cleared CMOS already. You know if it detects the video, because if you boot without one, it has a specific series of beeps. Those beeps go away if either card is plugged in, so at least it knows there's video installed.

How about your power supply? How is that?

Most of my generic 300 Watt psu's won't work with anything above a 1.0 gig Duron...

Back