• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1066RDram expirences??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

Ok today's payday and considering getting 512 1066 rdram cause i know my ram now is limiting my o/c.
Some questions

1. Which is better Kingston or Samsung 1066? (are there any other makers right now)

2. Anyone out there go from 800 to 1066 and have good expirences with it?

3. Would the Abit TH7-II (maybe raid) be a good choice to go with this ram?

Thanks guys i dont want to shell out 140 bucks a stick and get hosed cause the stuff doesnt help at all, ya know?

Anyone having ANY expirence with 1066 please reply
:D

I've heard a number of problems with Kingston PC1066. Specifically there has been issues with Kingston working in the TH7-II. I would recommend Samsung, Corsair, or Mushkin.

I also have a P4 1.6A. It's on an Abit TH7II mobo w/ 2x 256Mb Samsung 16 device pc800 sticks. I've run it at fsb 133 w/ memory at 400 which equals 1066. No problems! I've also tried 150 fsb w/mem at 300. Ran OK also. I tried going slowly up to 166 fsb, but over 160 It wouldn't even post. Had v-core at 1.75. I might try v-core at 1.80 or1.85, but I think I've about reached the limits of this cpu. this is all with stock hsf also. I don' think it's doing badly at all! I hope this infoo helps! -Dave

just look at my sig. my PC800 is running at 1104mhz beyond the 1066.

Back