• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ice on my 800EB with a 80 Watt Peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChadLepto

Hi there,

any suggestions regarding my problem are highly appreciated and needed. :)

I just got my new Asus CUSL2 MOBO, a Pentium III 800 MHZ EB (370 Socket) CPU and a 80 Watt Peltier.

My original Setup was the MOBO with the CPU, the Peltier and a Alpha PEP66 Heatsink with a 38CFM Fan. I used the Thermal Adhesive from Arctic Silver to glue the Heatsink to the Peltier and the CPU to the cold side of the Peltier. Finally I used Silicone to seal the space between the Heatsink and the CPU.

Because of the condesation Issue I decided to let it run for a little bit by itself away from the MOBO. After about 5 minutes I saw the first Ice crystals forming. After 10-15 a few pins were covered with ice. After about 30 Minutes I had a THICK LAYER OF ICE on the bottom of the CPU.

Now is that only because the CPU was not running ? I figured that even if the CPU is running and producing heat I might not have ICE but still condense Water. Is that correct ?

Please let me know what I can do to prevent this problem. I don't really care how much it costs. I would even like to try Watercooling Systems. Please write me with any suggestions you might have.

Thanks a lot and a happy and successfull New Year to everybody !!!

Timo

Back