• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PEP66 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooT

Registered
I just got a PEP66T and none of the felt feet came with it. So should I get the feet or does it really matter? I'm putting it on a abit slotket III with a 700. Also, if I ran two 3 pin connectors in parrallel to power the Delta Black Label fan instead of a 3 pin to 4 pin convertor would that work?? Or would I end up burning out my Mobo Headers?? I figure it will work but I'm not an electrical genius. I havent used any ALPHA coolers before so please gimmie some advice!!!

I have a PEP66 on a slotket III without pads, and it has never been a problem. The Delta fans are not recommended for use on motherboard fan headers. They are usually around 3.8w and the MB fan headers are usually rated around 2w. Paralleling of fan headers might be ok, depends on the circuit configuration of the MB. I don't think I would want to try it personally because tracking down and repairing the damage on a multi-layer PCB could be a real pain in the butt.

Back