• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cs server....need a motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
alright, im upgrading my cs server...i plan on putting my 1.33 tbird in it...it needs to be a ddr board, and onboard lan/video is a good idea, but not a must..because i have extra lan/video cards...micro atx or full atx doesnt matter..whichever is easier, and has to be under $65

reason it has to be ddr...ddr is much faster than sdr, and i already have extra pc2100...

i will prolly get the volcano 9 for it...and it should have decent airflow through the case...but what do you guys think..

Octoman said:
How about an ECS K7S5A?
Check out newegg.com i think they have it for $55.

Couldn't agree more. This is a stable board, awsome for a regular PC User IMHO, and for a CS Server stablity would be the #1 issues ;)

I have built several of these based on XP and Durons, they have been rock solid! I like the features that it comes with and the price is great. Of course the people I built them for are casual users, i.e. surfing, typing, and e-mail, you know regular general use. No one has complained and I build them for my friends that need a good reliable computer. One feature I like is the choice of ram, you can use either pc100/133 or DDR. I like having the option and so do my friends. Another plus is that it is fairly upgradable, want to tart off with a Duron? No problem, you can put in a XP in later. Same with the ram. I hope this helps:) Heck I hope to build one soon just to run some folding or something:)

Octoman said:
I have built several of these based on XP and Durons, they have been rock solid! I like the features that it comes with and the price is great. Of course the people I built them for are casual users, i.e. surfing, typing, and e-mail, you know regular general use. No one has complained and I build them for my friends that need a good reliable computer. One feature I like is the choice of ram, you can use either pc100/133 or DDR. I like having the option and so do my friends. Another plus is that it is fairly upgradable, want to tart off with a Duron? No problem, you can put in a XP in later. Same with the ram. I hope this helps:) Heck I hope to build one soon just to run some folding or something:)

Another alternative right now is the Shuttle AK31A ;) It's 59+8.00 shipping.

i can get it all for around $130 shipped, im gonna get the xp 1600, and k7s5a...from what you guys say, its a good board, and i like the onboard lan

Back