• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EM III question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuckerants

I am running various version of F@H Client Console Only version on mostly Win ME machine and using EMIII (various versions) to hide the icon.

My problem is whenever the user tries to reboot the PC, the message pops up that says the F@H window has to be closed first.

I have the option, "Close F@H Window on shutdown" checked on EMIII on all the clients. What can I do to not have that window pop up on rebooting or turning the PC off?

Thanks.

chuckerants said:
I am running various version of F@H Client Console Only version on mostly Win ME machine and using EMIII (various versions) to hide the icon.

My problem is whenever the user tries to reboot the PC, the message pops up that says the F@H window has to be closed first.

I have the option, "Close F@H Window on shutdown" checked on EMIII on all the clients. What can I do to not have that window pop up on rebooting or turning the PC off?

Thanks.

this isn't a em3 problem i believe, it is the same thing that happens when you restart in 98(with the text client). it ask you to close the client, or at least for me it did. gui doesn't do this.

this is how i solved it:

Copy conagent.exe from C:\windows\system, paste it in your F@H dir, right click it, goto the Misc tab, uncheck "Warn if still active". A conagent shortcut should then automagically appear in your F@H dir. Reboot. The shut-down warnings will now no longer appear.

FOLD ON
NAS

Last edited:
chuckerants said:
I have the option, "Close F@H Window on shutdown" checked on EMIII on all the clients.

just to let you know what that does is shut down your F@H client when you shut down EMIII not windows

Re: Re: EM III question

DManeKid said:

just to let you know what that does is shut down your F@H client when you shut down EMIII not windows

That shouldn’t matter. EMIII is closed when windows closes, so it should close the client as well.

Re: Re: Re: EM III question

FoldingAddict said:

That shouldn’t matter. EMIII is closed when windows closes, so it should close the client as well.

i think the problem is that windows is trying to close the client before em3 does and that woulc cause the problem. also 98/me has a problem every so often of not closing the core when the client is closed.

try the conagent method and see what you get.

FOLD ON
NAS

It worked.

All I had to do after modifying the Conagent.exe file was to reboot and then Windows doesn't pop up that window the next time.

Thanks NAS.

Last edited:
chuckerants said:
It worked.

All I had to do after modifying the Conagent.exe file was to reboot and then Windows doesn't pop up that windwo.

Thanks NAS.

Heheh. Leave it to NAS to give you the right answer the first time.:beer:

chuckerants said:
It worked.

All I had to do after modifying the Conagent.exe file was to reboot and then Windows doesn't pop up that windwo.

Thanks NAS.

woohoo glad to hear it!!! yeah i had this problem on some of the comps at work and this is what i had to do to them. glad to hear it worked out!

edit: lol foldingaddict

FOLD ON
NAS

Re: Re: Re: EM III question

FoldingAddict said:

hehe you should really learn to read more carefully, all i was doing was telling him what that option does:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: EM III question

DManeKid said:

hehe you should really learn to read more carefully, all i was doing was telling him what that option does:D

And I clarified that at windows shutdown EMIII closes, so with that option checked, the client should close a little before EMIII actually closes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EM III question

FoldingAddict said:

And I clarified that at windows shutdown EMIII closes, so with that option checked, the client should close a little before EMIII actually closes.
I think this is something we may have to bounce off Weatherman. It all depends on how he wrote the code. Did he program EMIII to wait or not? We don't know. I had that option checked on an earlier version that was making us start EM twice before it would work and FAH was shutting off. At the time I thought the option meant that windows would shut the client down but everytime I shut down EM to restart the console closed. Drove me nuts for a while.:beer: :burn:

Last edited:
I think if you use the GUI version of FAH on Win 95,98 & ME with EMIII, you wont get the shutdown errors.

I think if you use the GUI version of FAH on Win 95,98 & ME with EMIII, you wont get the shutdown errors.
Then I'd have to explain in detail what F@H was. I'd rather just tell the end-users that I'm just running a harmless utility. :)

chuckerants said:

Then I'd have to explain in detail what F@H was. I'd rather just tell the end-users that I'm just running a harmless utility. :)

nah if you run the gui as a task it is hidden from view completely, along with the tray icon.(then delete it from the programs list and make the folder hidden , only left to trace is that it is listed in the add/remove programs list) of course i always say if you can use the text only then use it:D so if it is working for you then by all means keep on;)

FOLD ON
NAS

Back