• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No audio on some avi files...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoPMatrix

Im using WMP 8.0 with divx 5

When I play some avi files, it trys to download an audio codec from MS, says it downloaded it but it didnt work...

Im thinkin maybe I need some other kind of audio codec?

Both of my comps have the same problem, runnin XP pro
I know the files have sound, used to watch em when I was usin 98se

theres a thing called the Nimo Codec pack or something on the net. it has divx 3 4 5 and tons of audio codecs, you might try getting that..?

the program is very cool, i was getting sick of having to install divx 3 4 and 5 seperatly just to make divx's work right. this program sets them all up for you so they play what they are supposed to play and not screw everything else up. as a bonus it just has like a million audio codecs too. i found it on icrontic file of the day or week or whatever. so i cant take credit. but i am glad you got what you were looking for oni(and mopmatrix too, i assume?)

ps. one of those audio codecs included makes my mpegs clicky-sounding, i cannot figure out which one.... lemme know if you guys see that problem too...

pps oni you should fix your name to be Oni NameChangeNinja :D

Back