• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7333 Memory Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FDUSMC

Has anyone had a problem going over 512megs total memory on their KX7333. I have to sticks of Samsung PC2700 ram, one 512 and one 256. When I test each stick individually they work fine but when I try them together I can't play a game without getting kicked out. Bad mobo or what?

This is an OS issue. If you want to use more than 512MB with Windows 98SE you will need to mod it. Do a search in the OS section of the Forums for a fix or start a new thread:burn:

Sonny said:
This is an OS issue. If you want to use more than 512MB with Windows 98SE you will need to mod it. Do a search in the OS section of the Forums for a fix or start a new thread:burn:

According to his sig, he's on Win XP Pro. What program did you test the memory modules in? Try: http://www.memtest86.com/ I found them to be the best memory tester, pretty accurate, at least that's how I found out my problem was memory. If they loop it fine, it might be that the board is not playing nice with two types of modules, or try different slots around.

Yodums

Actually I just reinstalled XP Pro. Off Win98se no problems at all. My guess is Win XP Pro sucks up a lot of memory. I lowered my memory speed down to 266 (133x2) and its running fine. I ran Sandra Burn-in Memory benchmark for about 40 cycles no problems.

Yodums said:
According to his sig, he's on Win XP Pro.
Now he is, please read the whole thread:beer:

FDUSMC - While Sandra is good for getting ballpark figures try not to rely too much on it for stability tests. Try other progs like the one mentioned by Yodums & also the older version of Prime95 not the 2.1, older version is a bit more sensitive to anomalies.

Hey Yodums, I tried that memtest86 and it ran for about 45 minutes and showed 100% pass. So I guess the only 3 things I haven't tested is my mobo, cpu and hardrive. I haven't really tested my PSU because I find it hard to believe that that is the problem. It's a brand new Antec 430watt but it sounds so much like a PSU problem for the simple fact that the computer gives me no memory error messages, and I even underclocked my FSB, multiplyer (unlocked xp1800) and my memory and still get the random reboots. Of course the weird thing is it only happens in WinXP Pro and not in 98SE. Can one OS use more juice than another? I'll buy a case of beer for the person who solves this mystery:beer:

Back