• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP or Windows 2000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My staff runs both. I use 2000, my programmers and Techs are split between 2000 and XP. They both seem about as stable and are each a leap above ME. 2000 gives you more flexibility in reinstalling when you change out mobos...

As for gaming, we play Unreal Tournament just about every day during lunch. We can tell no difference between W2K and XP playing UT.

Last edited:
Been using XP Pro since it came out , and its good for gaming . No (real) complaints or problems , good and stable . My .02 :D

Last edited:
Mr_Scrub said:
As for gaming, we play Unreal Tournament just about every day during lunch. We can tell no difference between W2K and XP playing UT.
I play alot of UT, only thing that i've heard of for an issue in XP is the keyboard freezing.. where the keyboard will randomly lockup during the game.. its a small nuisance.

this also happens in other OS's but i've heard many more complaints about it from XP users. seems like it comes and goes at times, i haven't had it happen in a long time [knock on wood]. other times it'll happen many times a day.

many people don't get this at all, so i'll be quiet now :)

Back