• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benchmark Proggie?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are way more benchmark proggies. It depends on WHAT you wanna test.

To name some:

3d mark 2001 (www.madonion.com) - primary your vga
pc mark 2002 (www.madonion.com) - a "multipurpose benchmark, suited for benchmarking all kinds of PCs"
cpu rightmark (http://cpu.rightmark.org/) - "pure performance"
ChameleonMark - a "performance tool for measuring pixel shader performance for a variety of shaders"
GL-Excess v1.1 (www.glexcess.com) - for OPenGL testing

and so on......

For a overall benchmark program that tests CPU performance, RAM performance, 2d/3d video performance, network performance, printer performance, hard drive performance etc…I use Dacris Benchmark, the demo is a little limited, but will allow you to do all the tests. Have fun!:D

Biohazard said:
thnx guys!!!

theres one alot of u use! i cant remember the name somthing like WUD... or somthing! i think its a 4letter one

My guess of what you are referring to is WCPUID, which isn’t a benchmarking program; it’s a CPU identification program that will tell you FSB speed, multiplier, CPU clock frequency and some other stuff. That’s my guess anyways.

Biohazard said:
bingo! WCPUID was it! i just found it myself in a thread! anyway which u think is best to use??

Each program has its own purpose.

3Dmark2001 was designed to stress the limits of you video card under Direct 3D.
PCMark2002 was designed to stress your CPU, hard drive and RAM.
CPU Rightmark and similar benchmarking apps, are designed for testing pure CPU performance without any other interference from the video card, hard drive or RAM.
GLExcess was designed to stress the limits of your video card under OpenGL.
And finally, Dacris Benchmarks is designed to test all of the above and render a overall performance score.

I use all of these when I go to benchmark a machine, just to get a big picture as to what kind of performance I am getting, and what I should be getting by comparing the machine to a comparable setup. I recommend you use at least, 3Dmark 2001 and PCmark 2002. WCPUID isn’t designed to be a benchmarking tool so that doesn’t even make it on the list.

I hope that helps you.:beer:

Biohazard said:
yeh it helps! but im just looking for a proggie that just tells me in IN BIG BOLD LETTERS wot my Mhz is!

Oh lol! Well in that case, WCPUID is the program for you.;) :beer:

lol thnx... i'll give the the proggies ago dont worry + im sorry about wasting ur time:(
but i guess its common to have ppl waste ur time!! i mean like waste really bad... ok i give up...

I THINK IM GOING CRAZY!!!:confused:

one last thing!! where do i get this WCPUID???

You can download WCPUID here.

By the way, its not a waste of my time.:) If I can help a fellow computer user in just a small way then i'm happy.:beer:

surprised noone mentioned sisoft sandra. a very good synthetic test.
edit- nevermind... i'm stupid. said it in the original post :beer:

Back