• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me decide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lizard

Which motherboard is more stable and runs better, the ECS K7S5A, the PC Chips 817LR, or the Shuttle AK31. Will be running a Duron processor for now, but upgrading soon to an XP. Not concerned too much with overclocking.

Da Whip said:
Of the 3 boards you are considering, the AK31 is top, ECS second and I would not even consider a PC Chips mobo.
The Shuttle AK31 is fairly cheap now and is regarded as a good mobo.

http://www.amdmb.com/article-display.php?ArticleID=128&PageID=9

Ditto. The AK31 provides more features in the bios, the ECS is limited and mainly a better stock board. The PC Chips is just a horrible board, no performance, no stablity I can't believe they're still in business. Although I don't know whether Shuttle has resolved their northbridge fan dying. It was a frequent problem back then whereas their northbridge fans died, but it has been half a year from now so I guess they have to had fix the problem.

Yodums

Back