• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help me choose a motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

copper_top

My old motherboard, an a7v 133, recently died on me so its time to buy a new one. I have been trying to decide between the a7v333, the msi kt3 ultra, or th kx7333. Which of these boards is the better overclocker? Which one is more stable? Thanx in advance.

P.S. Does anyone know when the n-force 2 boards are coming out? if they come out within the next 1 or 2 weeks i may just wait til then.

The N-Force2 are schduled to be released in September, or possibly October.

I would go with the Abit. I've seen nothing but great results. AudiMan tested a Thunderbird @ 1.66gigs against a Athlon XP @ 1.7gigs+ w/ the same video card in 3dmark, and the Abit was shy 200points which is very close. The Abit is rock stable, it loves the FSB and it has great performance. "kat" from DSLReports.com has scored 3000+ memory scores in Sandra with it. The MSI and Asus are stable from what I've heard, but they just don't preform as well. The Abit however doesn't have ondie sensor. I have the Abit KR7A-RAID which is the Via KT266A version of the KX7-333 and I know why it was rated #1 Socket A KT266A board.

Good Luck

Yodums

Oh yeah, I have one more question will these motherboards be able to support barton procesors when they are released?

Thanks.

Not to restart another thread but I need to know what is the best board for the XP2200 Chip. Let me know some recommendations as soon as possible.

They should. The Barton are suppose to be Socket A. If they are 166fsb -- who knows, then the 1/5 divider will kick in and adjust the PCI Bus.

Yodums

Back