• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ideas about this error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I started getting that damn error when I installed WinMX version 3.2 and 3.22. Does it in W2K and XP so I can't use the program on my main system, works fine on my P3 rig though.

I am running XP, and it only happens when I LET WIN XP update. So I restored to before the update andit was better.I know I just should't update but I am trying to fix another problem,when I am playing War Crart 3 my computer will just reboot and after it boots up there iare no error messeges.

This may sound rather odd, but it worked for me. In Warcraft 3, look at the audio control panel. Change the sound provider to Miles 3d emulated sound. I had the same problem as you, but changing this setting fixed it.

That is a memory issue. Boy, I saw that so much w/ my Asus A7M266 :eek: Go to http://www.memtest86.com/ and download and run the program -- make sure you have a floppy disk handy. You either have an overclock unstable, or perhaps you have a bad stick of ram. Run the program and see if you can loop for sometime without an error.

Yodums

tuskenraider said:
I started getting that damn error when I installed WinMX version 3.2 and 3.22.

I ended up going back to WinMX 3.1 because the latest releases are so crap-tacularly buggy. They crashed and hung my computer all the time.

Oni, you have a copy you can send me?, I deleted mine long ago and use 2.6 right now and I don't find nothin.

Back