• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via 4.41 Official drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cowboy X said:
Title says it all.....
No it doesnt. They are still BETA at time of post. Always make sure to tell people that they are BETA so they now what they are getting into. Imagine if it was a bad BETA BIOS, not something you wanna give a shot anytime soon.

I first got this from www.betas.intercom.net which is quite reputable and they said it was official . They had earlier given links to the beta ones so I beleived them to be correct . At the Viaarena link there is no mention of Beta on the zip file or in the directory .

Did it say beta when you dloaded it or installed it ?

The readme in the drivers says nothing of beta at all . How do you know that it is a beta ? Are you sure ?

Lemme know 'cause like many others I was going to install them .

The official ones are still the 4.40AP3 according to VIA Arena. Look right below the official at The Tweakers Section & the latest 4.41s are still considered beta:burn:

Ok ..... 'cause the link I had was to their FTP which gave no warning . I think that's very poor since the actual drivers don't say anything about being beta at all !!!

Well what can I say but ................ My bad .............. everything I saw said 'official ' .

Anyone who D'loaded and installed them tell us how they work before u switch 'em ( if u switch them ).

Don't worry about it too much. I slipped the 4.41s onto a PC at my friends shop & also another Senior Member is using them at the moment. So far no difference from the 4.40 since this seems geared toward the KT400 systems. Also AFAIK W98SE & WXPHome/Pro do not use the VIA BUS Master IDE Controller Driver even if its installed, you will have to manually select them.

Back