• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BIOS for A7V266-E/AA/EX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hello OniI have the A7V266-E mobo I just got the XP2200 I installed it and nothing happend I took it back out and installed my 1.4 back in went to ASUS website got the new bios AE1010 flshed the bios and reinstalled the XP2200 still nothing not even the monitor comes on the mobo turns on and all but no boot at all you have any idea?

Thanks
Drak

Dont be afraid to flash

I flashed the bios on an old MSI mobo and killed it a few years back and never did it again till yesturday if its an ASUS mobo like mine A7V266-E its very eazy to do dowb load AFLASH and the new bios flash (remember the name of the new bios if you get it from asus its write the name on a paper you will need it) unzip them and copy them to a flopy the reboot your system to dos get to your A:/ prompt and type AFLASH the program will start it will ask if you want to make a copy of your old bios you say yes and create a name for it something you will remember after thats done it will ask you if you want to flash the bios hit yes and type the name of the new bios sit back and it will do it (***if you get an error DO NOT SHUT YOUR SYSTEM DOWN redo the flash again I REPEAT DO NOT SHUT DOWN AT ANY TIME***) thats it.

Yeah, I flashed the 1010 full raid bios for my upstairs computer (which has an A7V266-E) and it works great. Stable and no problems.
Abb

yeah unless you do something foolish like cut your power, or try flashing seconds before a power outage, or a lightning storm, or a tornado, or probably a flood, you should be good. If there is a flood however, Imagine how awsome watercooling that would be, for the first half a second, before it shorted out...

did you guys notice eny diferents in your temp readings whith the new bios 1010 im currently useing 1009 for the a7v266/e

the AsusUpdate utility that comes with the driver cd flashes the bios right from windows...no floppies required. I've used it several times with no problems.

Viper67857 said:
the AsusUpdate utility that comes with the driver cd flashes the bios right from windows...no floppies required. I've used it several times with no problems.
Yeah, its good providing that Windows does not crash. If it does crash (don't forget you have programs running in the background while you are flashing) , then your bios chip is toast. I don't trust it, plus you can only flash to a new bios with the AsusUpdate Utility, you can't flash back to your old bios. Aflash with a floppy is a lot safer and you can flash back to your older bios if you are not happy with the new one.
Abb.

abb1 said:
Yeah, its good providing that Windows does not crash. If it does crash (don't forget you have programs running in the background while you are flashing) , then your bios chip is toast. I don't trust it, plus you can only flash to a new bios with the AsusUpdate Utility, you can't flash back to your old bios. Aflash with a floppy is a lot safer and you can flash back to your older bios if you are not happy with the new one.
Abb.

it can be dangerous for those that don't know what they're doing, but this system is rock-solid...winxp NEVER crashes on me.
Yes, you do have to fire up the old dos floppy to go backwards, I've had to do so at least once (rev 1004c really blew), but for going forwards I prefer the convenience of the updater.

I usually use AsusUpdate in Windows. I figure that if I hose my BIOS, I'm still in Windows, and can d/l another flash image, or come here for some help. I've never had a problem w/ it.

And w/ the luck I have w/ floppies (as soon as I touch them, they corrupt), I'll take flashing in Windows any day of the week.

Back