• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raising FSb to 140 causing D3d games to crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkilla74

I cant figure it out. I can run 3dmark2001SE over and over again but when ever I play direct 3d games like Max payne of AVP2 i get a crash to desktop. Than I go to defaults and I never crash when playing games. I scored a 12345 on my last 3dmarkscore with my FSB at 140 and my GPU at 325/715.... Than I changed my GPU to its defaults,left the FSB alone and It crashes when playing games.(D3D) heres my specs:

Win XP Pro
A7V333 1008 Bios
Athlon 2100XP+
512 PC2700 DDR Ram(Turbo settings)
latest 4 in 1s,2942 dets(officials)
PNY G4 Ti 4600
30/40 gig WD ATA/100 7200 RPM HDS
TDK Velocd 40/12/48 cdwr
Soundblaster Live 5.1 X Gamer
Cambrige 5.1 speaker system
20 ' Sony Monitor

My latest 3d Mark Score

You might want to check in the bios and see if you have fastwrites enabled. If it is disable it and try it again. Sometimes with this option on your system will not function properly. My A7v333 with it on wreaks all kinds of havoc.

you might be right about that, but when you enable the turbo setting in the sytem performance I think it no longer allows you to change that setting.

Have you noticed any other signs of instablity? Has your CPU temp (or GPU temp if you measure it)increased? Try testing for several hours with Prime95 and see what that does. I know that at one point I could run 3dMark all day, but in a game (MOHAA)there were visible errors and Prime95 also reported rounding errors. Good luck.

Back