• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to remove Windows login screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gimps

Same as topic, I'm using 98SE and want to get rid of the Login screen at startup, how do I do it?

this will do it... boot into windows, delete all *.pwl files in the windows directory, then reboot, click cancel at the login screen, and its gone! drawback: youll have to retype all your passwords for sites that use this system.

When I was still on W98SE I always used TWEAKUI for such things. If you do a search in this section you may find a similar post & a pic on which tab & checkbox to use:burn:

Admiral Fraser said:
this will do it... boot into windows, delete all *.pwl files in the windows directory, then reboot, click cancel at the login screen, and its gone! drawback: youll have to retype all your passwords for sites that use this system.

Same deal as above, but if it still prompts you to enter a password and to confirm it, delete all the astrix that it has already inplace (leaving both "password" and "confirm" blank) then click OK... you shouldn't see that message again

i remembered that i also had to have it set to windows login in the networking options (even if your arent networking)

control panel>network>first screen, says primary network logon, set to window logon

Back