• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with KR7A-Raid...Can't figure it out...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TypeRC

Registered
Ok I can't figure this one out. I'm NOT OVER CLOCKING!!!

I have had this system running for about 5months now in the last month its starting to act screwy. The display randomly crashes the computer acts like its going into standby and puts the monitor in standby it kills the network connection also. I have to restart the computer. Its starting to do it all the time.

I have removed all the PCI Cards and it still does gives the same problem. Here is the run down on the computer.

- KR7A-Raid Motherboard Bios 9N
- AMD XP1900 (NOT OVER CLOCKED!)
- 512MB Samsung Registered DDR RAM
-ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon
- Sound Blaster Audigy (also tried Sound Blaster Live)
- Diamond Supra Modem
- Linksys NIC
- Westeren Digital 20GB hard drive
- Plextor CD-R/CD-RW drive

Its in an Antex1040 Case with a Uneec 400W power suply I have also tried it in another case I had laying around but it only had a 250W power suply it acted up just the same in ether case.

I have run Windows XP Pro/Win2k Server/Win98 problem is the same in all OS's.

Can someone give me some advise on what I can check or look into or point me in a direction to help me fix the problem...

Again I'm NOT OVER CLOCKING!!!

Thanks in advance...
>Mike K<
([email protected])

Last edited:
Welcome To The Forums!!!!!

.....and to the addiction:eek:

What OS are you using now? What VCard drivers are you using? When on Win2k did you install the patch for AMD CPUs to prevent data corruption? Which 4in1 drivers did you install & did you use the 1.00 VIAPFD patch after installing the soundcard drivers? List down EXACTLY what you see in SOFT MENUIII & ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES so we can have a clue how your system is setup.

Back