• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu tem 66c/150 wtf help if you can

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1newb

Registered
setup:

1900+
A7V333
kingmax DDR 3200 256mg
audigy
abit ti4200 64mg
Enermax whisper 350W
30gig fireball ata66
----------------------------------------\
My computer crashes after about an hour, I had to underclock my cpu to @1200mhz 100fsb to get it at 52c ( idle).

At 1600mhz my computer boots up at 66c (idle). I have down loaded bios 1.7 and 1.8 and still no change.

System crashes due to overheating of cpu after about 1 hour at default 1600mhz/133fsb.

I have auto shut down set at 70c so i risk lose the cpu.

------------------------------------------\
Pcbrobe is giving this error message:
+12v =13.248 ( +12v Out of threshold!!! ) Error
+5v =5.107
+3.3v =3.392
Vcore =1.8

Last edited:
What HSF are you using? I would suggest remounting it, your problem sounds like the heatsink isn't making proper contact with the core. Also, use some sort of thermal grease, I would recommend Artic Silver 3, if your not already using some. If you are, refer to the instructions at articsilver.com. Good luck.

i'm using a large Vantec heatsink with 80mm fan

you were right. I took off the heatsink adjusted it to fite perfectly.
Than added the some artic silver 3 and BAM! 49c idle from 66c

when i took off the heatsink i noticed that it was only touching about 1/4 of the cpu. Thank god my cpu did not die on me.

Thanks for the advice.

Now to get to overclocking this thing.

::burn:

Glad it worked out for you. My 1800+ runs at about 48C idle with a Volcano 7, so your 49C sounds good. Have fun with the ocing :D

Try to improve your case cooling too.

That should drop your temps a bit more too.

My case has 80mm fan blowing right on the cpu fan.
Full load 53-54c

got any tips for overclocking.

Back