• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJ

I have win2k and winxp I went and created another partition to install win98 with partition magic when finished it rebooted and stopped at dmi pool and goes no further I cant get XP or w2k to boot please help

well you could try and boot into your 2k CD and when it gets to the "welcome to setup" screen, after it loads all your drivers, hit F10. Then type:

fixboot
fixmbr

and you should get a nonstandard boot warning, then type exit and reboot and you may be back at your 2k, xp boot

good luck

Last edited:
no good its notreconizing the other drives with xpor 2000 but it shows the in the startup disk

So you cant boot into the recovery cosole? How about dos can you boot into dos and check fdisk and then try fdisk /mbr on your c: part? If nothing else you may have to load boot magic up and see what it can do for you, I think partition magic comes with that dosent it? It is about the best of the loaders any way, and if you cant get a boot into your recovery console or dos and your not seeing your drive I dont know what to tell you, I myself would probably wipe the whole disk and start over.

Back