• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K3A+ and cold boot prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Top Hat Theater

My 8K3A+ system won't cold boot. I have to clear the CMOS and then boot it. I'm using the 2619 BIOS, windows XP and the hardware listed in my sig. Any help would be much appreciated.

~THT

Cold boot issues

What PSU??

All those harddrives coupled with overclocking make booting take a lot of power. I bet you can just reset it and get it to boot once the harddrives have spun up. HDD spin-up takes a lot of power when cold booting and its entirely possible your PSU can't supply the power needed unless the HDD's are already spinning.

It has the boot up problem even when it's just the bare essentials. This PS is also powerful enough to run all these drives without a problem. One of the reasons why I bought it was b/c I knew I'd be stressing my 5V line at POST so I got a PS with as high of a 5V as I could afford. I had windows 2000 pro installed with a KR7A-RAID and never had this problem either. Thanks for the suggestions though.

~THT

it could be a defective board. more defective boards out there then people think. i would try re flashing your bios before coming to that conclusion though.

Come to think of it, I think it really is defective. The secondary USB bracket won't function without crashing my computer...even at stock speed. I think I'll RMA it and get a replacement. I really like this board otherwise.

~THT

Back