• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KR7A-R & Xp2100+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheOneDonRamon

Registered
i put in a kr7a-r and a athlon xp 2100+ in my chieftech alienware case clone(dont know official name).Anyway the motherboard wouldnt fit with the holes in my case on the right side.So i screwed in what i could.Then when i go to boot up it posts athlon xp 1733mhz not xp 2100+ but posts the speeds of it without the name if that means anything.Ok now as i enter linux itll say failure to load usb and i get to the login screen and of course i cant type anything teheh.When i plug in my windows xp hdd after is posts and such and xp starts to load up it says your computer is being shut down to prevent damage to your computer.Anyone know why?Heres my specs incase somthing else is causing it
chieftech alienare case clone 300watt
5case fans with psu
Abit kr7a-R
Athlon Xp 2100+ retail heatsink with artic silver 3
2 256 sticks of crucial pc2100 ddr
1 40 gig maxtor hdd
1 20 gig i ripped out of my compaq
Gainward Gf3 Ti 200 128mb ddr/crystal orb
Pci slot exaust fan
Sound blaster live 5.1 pci card
Nic
Usb pci
52x cd-rom
8xcdr

i read some of the articles that were posted at the top of this board to go to if ur having trouble but some of the links at the page were down so if you could please help me thanks! :)

The CPU identification is wrong probably due to an older BIOS revision. The USB issues may be caused by not enabling it in the BIOS or you have the wrong drivers for the board. With the OS' that you have tried were they all with a clean install?

Back