• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prepping Glaciator for radial/centrifugal blowers...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JasonKosi

I'm trying out a mod to put a number of blower on my original Millenium Glaciator (I'm silencing my system and that HSF is the last thing that I have to quiet).

I had one 10CFM Gamma28 blower on there and temps only went up 5C, so I got a couple more (albeit smaller Gamma26's) and I want to attach them. I've got them epoxied together in the best way that I can (very solidly done, too) However, the fan shroud is getting in the way.

As I see it, I have two options.

1) I can try grinding away at the shroud to square it off some. Not to easy as I don't have any tools capable of this nor do I have the cash to buy them.

2) I can desolder the shroud. Again, not too easy as that heatsink is a huge chunk of copper and probably won't heat up to solder melting temps very easily with my wimpy little $5 soldering iron.

Any advice or tips?

Back