• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this video card work in Dragon Plus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scornduffer

I built a computer and I installed a Xtasy Gforce 3 Ti 200 64 Meg video card along with 1800 xp processor and 512 2400 ddr memory.

I am running windows xp pro and have been having problems with the computer rebooting unexpectedly. I have also installed a Sparkle power supply 350w combined op of 220w.

I have installed the latest video drivers and xp pro updates. Yet when I play Max Payne or Links golf this happens.

Could it be that this card won't work with this motherboard. Dragon Plus?

:eh?:

In your BIOS, try setting the System Performance to Normal instead of Turbo. Set your memory timings to default, and see if it'll fix the problem.

Any GeForce should be able to run on a Dragon Plus. You can try setting your AGP Aperture Size to 128, and the AGP Driving Force to EA, instead of Auto-detect.

I have the Dragon+ with that exact card in it. [Picked it up on Black Friday last year at BB for $99] I'm having no problems whatsoever. I'm mainly a UT'er, and I haven't played the games you are having problems with, though.

Have you updated your BIOS at all? I'm using the latest NON-beta drivers in my system. I've also got the latest NON-beta VIA 4-in-1 drivers, too.

I'm running it mildly overclocked (XP 1900+ @ 1750MHz) with turbo settings and one 512MB stick of Mushkin PC2100.

I haven't bothered to overclock the video card (yet).

I'm using an Antec 400W PSU. I expect your Sparkle 350 is probably alright, but the Dragon+ does draw a lot of juice for all those on-board peripherals.

(edited for spelling)

Last edited:
ummm only 220W

Your running all that off of 220w? id give all of that a 300 at least. Plug your mobo up to the new psu u got and see if it makes a difference.

Back