• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I joined the team!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the team. Are you new to Seti, or have you failed all of the rehab programs? ;)

Welcome to the team. Just curious about a few things. Are you crunching using the screen saver version or the CLI (Command Line)? If you're using the graphical client (Screen saver), follow this:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62194

Make sure your results are going to us ;)

If you way before me, ignore me! :D

Again, WELCOME!!!!!

Feel free to stop by our IRC channel anytime. Server: Random DALNET
Channel: #ocsetiteam

Yodums

Im pretty new to SETI. I joined like months ago, but I only did 4 WU; then I found Overclockers.com SETI team, and started reading about your it, which got me interested again, so I put the my laptop and main to work, and ive been crunching well now for a week or so.

my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8200) for some reason does WU faster than my main, even when I leave my main alone to do a WU. The laptop has 1.6 GHz P4, and 256MB PC2100 DDR, and is using WinXP home. It can do about 3-4 WU a day. My main can do tops 3 WU a day (the system listed in my sig). It is using SDRAM @138 MHz, and the CPU multiplier is 10.5 (instead of 10). BTW, I am using the CLC on both computers, with Seti Driver to cache WUs.

I have seti driver set to no auto transmitting. Ill do a WU dump when the total between both my computers hits 10.

Thanks for the welcomes!

EDIT: The reason the times are so high is my first 6 WU were done using the screensaver - ive switched to clc and it works alot faster.

Last edited:
Looks like your set. The main reasons why your labtop is crunching faster is because it has a faster rig. Even though DDR is only a 10-15% increase in reality, it means alot in SETI and DDR can do high FSBs with the right ratings however SDR can't go past 150fsb with fastest timings. The P4 benefits from high memory bandwidth so that helps. My old Thunderbird 800 @ 910 172fsb crunched in like high 4hours to low 5hours due to the DDR Ram ;) Much faster than my cousin's Duron Spitfire @ 1.17gigs, since it had a low FSB and SDR.

Yodums

Greatings! Have a beer it Friday :beer:

I think you will like it here. I have not even been a member a week yet and I allready feel at home.

Welcome to the Team!

You are off to a great start, and you're sure to have some fun in here.....

Check out the irc, keep an eye in here and

Crunch!!!!

Welcome Aboard!!

Allow me to add my voice to all those before me and WELCOME you and all our new members to what I consider the GREATEST and MOST FRIENDLY team in all of SETIdom. Sit back, and hang on for a wild and crazy ride to the top, oh and of course keep those WUs coming as they are the fuel that keeps this rollercoaster running.

SkyHook

Back