• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

settings for overclocking a7v333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrogue14

Registered
hi i just got an asus a7v333 and i was wonder what exact settings i should set it to to overclock to the higest possible but very very stable so it wont burn out! i have a volcano 7+ cpu fan and intend to overclock using the bios so please tell me what exact settings to put. thank you.

stealth

I would suggest overclocking via the FSB. This is the best way, and the only way unless you unlock the CPU. In the BIOS, look at the advanced page. There is a setting for CPU speed, set it to manual. Below that, there is a setting for front side bus speed. The default should be 133mhz. Raise it in increments of 2-3 mhz. Each time you raise it, reboot into the windows and check your temps and stability. A good program for checking stability and obtaining load temps is Prime95, try a google search to find it. You should run it for several hours. When I have an unstable overclock, it will run fine for an hour, and fail almost exactly after 60 minutes. So, don't just run it for ten minutes and assume your stable. Also, on the same page of the BIOS, there is a settting called system performance. Change it from optimal to turbo. This will give you the most aggressive ram timings, and should help boost performance. Note however, that some cheaper brands of ram will not like aggressive timings and a raised FSB at the same time. You can try using the 1 : 1 memory speed divider, also on the advanced tab, to give yourself a bigger overclock, if the ram is holding you back.

i have a samsung 512mb pc-2700 is that ok if i set it from optimal to turbo? its a brand new stick retail! and what about the 4:5 ratio option?

Back