• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7T266 Pro2-A ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PYROMANIAC

Was recently asked to build a computer for someone and I was taking a look at MSI's website and I noticed the MSI K7T266 Pro2-A...I was wondering if this is a good mobo or not? The computer doesnt have to be that great so the 3 DIMM and non RAID is fine....anyone have any opinions of this board before I buy?

I like it. Its BIOS is overclocker friendly and I haven't had any compatibilty issues with other hardware. I found RAID 0 to be overrated and really like MSIs bundled software. Its quirky and filled with oc stuff. I use a promise controller card for added storage supports up to 3 gig processors (So they say but I know the board can use the 2200 XP), has DDR (supports up to 2700)and its not totally dead from an upgrade point of view because I can still go to an XP processor and put a stick of one gig 2700 ram in each DIMM (i'll get right on that . :) ). It supports AGP 4X so its a good basis for current hardware.

And it goes for under $80 on price watch.:cool:

Back