• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No longer a MSi fan..**PART DEUX**

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exx

Registered
I RMA'd the KT3 Ultra that died on me. That was almost 2 weeks ago now. A couple days ago my buddy (the computer store owner) got the _BRAND NEW_ board back from MSI. Same board, KT3 Ultra.. I'm sure most of you know how RMA's work. Anyway, he asked me if he could go try it out and possibly buy it off me if it works well.

So guess what? ....Yea that's right. :p

He puts it in his system, turns it on, boots to windows. Cool! Time to see how well it OC's. FIRST ATTEMPT, no over the top settings either, the board fries.

No clearing the cmos, no nothing. Same error MSG on the D-Led's (VGA BIOS DEAD). Tries PCI, no luck.

Now it's time to RMA the #@%&) piece of %&#@)%@ )#*@% )@#*%& %&@# and hopefully get a refund. I told him to ask for Mr. YEN :D

Looks like this adventure isn't over just yet :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your problems,I have never had that kind of problem out of MSI,I have had to RMA a board but never two in a row.Hope everything works out for ya;)

Those 190 fsb settings can really screw a board huh exx? :D You killed the board for good it looks like. Either that or you scared it into a default only status! :) Hope all works out though.
:beer:

Back