• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XtremeDDR 3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnownKiller

I just talked to a local vender that i know that just told me about some XtremeDDR 3500 that he just sold out on at the computer show that he was at. The only details he gave me was that it uses Samsung True 3500 4ns ram.. I didnt know about those chips... Only like 3200 5ns i think...

Anyone know or hear about this???

He said to me that he was going to get more of this ram next week... Heres a link to his new web site.

www.epowerhousepc.com He is still not done with the site... only about 50 pics up there for now. Some work to go, so forgive the construction.. he also has some cheap prices.

4ns.. hhmmm I have never heard of Samsung PC3500 4ns DDR, unless it was under lock and key and top secret.. I doubt it.. Here's my advice.. Buy it only if they let you return that RAM without any restocking fee. Otherwise don't do it. I could be wrong, but 4ns DDR ram for the PC sounds a bit too premature. Again I could be wrong, buy it only if you can return it without a fee.. good luck.. also you might want to ask the dealer to remover the heatspeader if there is one to see if they are indeed 4ns chips. If it doesn't come with a heatspeader, then it's probably not good.. Everyone who knows RAM knows that PC3500 RAM gets very very hot and needs a heatspeader to ensure it lasts.

If anything, they would be Samsung DDR400 chips which are 5ns chips not 4ns chips. They may run at 4ns speeds o/c'ed, but what that vendor was telling you is a bit misleading. Hey, but why should that vendor be any different than a half dozen other vendors selling faster memory chips than really exist under those pretty little heatspreaders.

I can find no reference to Xtremeddr selling PC3500 sticks.

Methinks someone may have been confused with Geil who has a product they represent as PC3500.

Shad

Yea, XtremeDDR makes 3200 with 6ns chips, but not 5 or 4. They are great for overclocking and have only gotten great reveiws. SSS here at overclockers have reveiwed them and said it's the best ram he has ever used.;) Must be good.

He isn't done with the review yet, He is testing several sticks, but you won't be dissapointed with xtreme ddr if you buy it. The 512 stick has samsung chips in it.

KnownKiller said:
I just talked to a local vender that i know that just told me about some XtremeDDR 3500 that he just sold out on at the computer show that he was at. The only details he gave me was that it uses Samsung True 3500 4ns ram.. I didnt know about those chips... Only like 3200 5ns i think...

Anyone know or hear about this???

He said to me that he was going to get more of this ram next week... Heres a link to his new web site.

www.epowerhousepc.com He is still not done with the site... only about 50 pics up there for now. Some work to go, so forgive the construction.. he also has some cheap prices.

I wrote to XtremeDDR and asked them about the things that you wrote and i just got a mail from Xtreme with the answer.

It is true that PC3500 utilizeing the new Samsung C4 chips is scheduled for release in the real near future. Also note that as of 8/1/2002 all genuine Xtreme DDR has our logo stamped into the heat spreader. If the vendor was selling actual memory at the show as PC3500 Xtreme DDR it is not our product.

Check back at our vendors.

Thanks,

Joe McPeek

Back