• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1fan + 1fan = 2fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elmog

This may be an odd question but here goes:

I have an Athlon XP 2100 (not o'ced) on an Asus A7V 333 board. I am using an Alpha PA18045 and a Vantec Tornado. Idle temps range from 47-49 depending on the day. I am quite pleased with this considering the board is from Asus.

I'm going to be living in a dorm next year and I want to get a quiter fan--The tornado runs around 55dB.

I noticed that the Panaflo High output runs at 40 cfm at 32dB. My quetion is, can one screw two Panaflos together and get 80 cfm at twice the volume. 80cfm at 42dB?

Thanks for your help with this wacky question all!!

Nope, the MAP (Maximum Air Pressure) will increase (Not sure if it'll be twice as much) and CFM will stay the same (both fans push the same amount of air), but usually it helps tho not as much as an 80CFM fan.

Hope that made sense.

BTW: There's no such thing as odd or wacky questions....well...the ones not being asked:beer:

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

How much difference does a duct directly from the cpu fan to the outside of the case make? And is cardboard really a good material to make a duct from?

Two Panaflos side by side at the top of the duct would double the rate of flow of air onto the heatsink...

Btw, thanks for the link, Mike. It helped a lot.

An external duct would make alot more differance than two fans most likely. Cardboard works great, but pvc piping looks a bit more professional. You can pick the stuff up for pennies at any home-depot esque store.

also two 32db fans is around 35db....macklin made a program that calculates the sound with different fans, do a search for it and you should find it.

Back