• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K3A+ system shutdown before booting HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

Hi Guys

after i in bios have set the Shutdown in post ( in PC health in bios ) to be enable the system shutdown and when ever i try to boot the speaker come with a sirene and the system shutsdown, my normal CPU temp is -28°C and it dosent work when i Clear CMOS and it dosent work if i pull out the battery.

So what can i do to get my computer to boot? and disable that function. please help or should i return the board and get a new one?

What kind of hsf do you have?
What did you use for thermal paste?
Do you have your heatsink on properly?
Is the fan on your heatsink working?
Take out all the PCI cards.
Make sure that the video card and memory are in tight.
Clear CMOS.
Go to the bios>set to fail safe.
Then try it.

I dont have a fan on my heat sink, my system is a Prometeia it cools the system down to -28°´C and i´m using Artic Silver 3, and it is fitting as it should, and by rhe way nothhing change when i clear CMOS so i cant go into bios

Retry to clear the cmos, if it doesnt work, try taking the battery out and leaving it overnight. You can disable the "shutdown at post" in your bios. You can disable temperature shutdown altogether if you want.

That bloody thing still wont work and i have had the battery off over night still the same :(

It have been returned and now i can only wait for the new one to arrive :)

Thanks for ur help guys :)

First off a question... Does your cooling start before you turn on the computer?

Second, a guess... Your system/cpu might be too cold before you boot up and the bios cant properly read the temperature and therefore assumes the worse and shuts down.

My system starts before the board boots to get the proberly cooling.

I have tried with and other CPU a Duron 1200MHz and a normal GlaciaTech Igloo heatsink, the same problem.

As u already returned it, I think ur problem was that there was no fan connected to the motherboard, which caused it not to boot. next time when u get to play with BIOS don't set the shutdown on no fan connected

Did you try holding down insert when you turned on? That is supposed to return BIOS options to defaults.

That might have helped, but if clearing CMOS didn't cure it then that probably wouldn't either, just a thought though.

The Coolest said:
As u already returned it, I think ur problem was that there was no fan connected to the motherboard, which caused it not to boot. next time when u get to play with BIOS don't set the shutdown on no fan connected

I didt not set the shutdown on no fan connected.
and i had tried to connect a fan under booting and allso tried to hold down insert nothing works

Back