• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VCD converter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDXNC

I have a bunch of anime VCD's but its a pain to have to swap cd's all the time so I'd like to convert them to DIVX format and keep them on my hard drive, I found one program called "MPEG4 Direct Maker VCD" but its shareware and puts a little ad in the video, and without a credit card I can't get the full version :mad: ... anyone know any other programs that can do what I want? preferably free :D

PS. Just so I don't get anymore PM's about this... these are NOT WAREZ, I have the ORIGIONAL VCD's which are perfectly legal.

Last edited:
JDXNC said:
I have a bunch of anime VCD's but its a pain to have to swap cd's all the time so I'd like to convert them to DIVX format and keep them on my hard drive, I found one program called "MPEG4 Direct Maker VCD" but its shareware and puts a little ad in the video, and without a credit card I can't get the full version :mad: ... anyone know any other programs that can do what I want? preferably free :D

PS. Just so I don't get anymore PM's about this... these are NOT WAREZ, I have the ORIGIONAL VCD's which are perfectly legal.

You might wanna edit your post some still. It might still be considered piracy.

And yes, I know that there is anime that can be had legally on VCD. Stuido GAINAX released a few blue movies about Evangelion on VCD.

If you're looking for linkies, check out www.vcdhelp.com A great site that has all kinds of tips and proggies for converting your VCDs to DIVX and other formats.

You can also try http://dvd.box.sk. Lots of good stuff there, too!

unless it says somewhere on the cd or its info to go ahead and make a backup copy then this is warez. lots of stuf comes in vcd when you buy it, but that dosnt mean the company wants backups made. thats why you got the pm. so youd have a chance to delet this thread before someone responded.

Last edited:
phantom punisher said:
unless it says somewhere on the cd or its info to go ahead and make a backup copy then this is warez. lots of stuf comes in vcd when you buy it, but that dosnt mean the company wants backups made. thats why you got the pm. so youd have a chance to delet this thread before someone responded.

From what I understand it is NOT illegal to make a copy of anything you LEGALLY own for you own use. BTW... these are VCD's cause its not new anime... its from 1995. As far as I'm concerned this thread has NOTHING to do with warez so I will not delete it.

Can I get a confirmation that I am allowed to save these vcd's to my HD for my own personal veiwing?

sorry if you feel i was attacking you with the freindly "heads up" pm. i dont care what you copy but the rules are tight here. its been debated weather you can make personal backups. i think it should be allowed but i cant think of any company that condones it. when i want info on this type of stuff i go ask elsewere or search for it like i recomended in the pm. witch by the way if you followed my advise you would see a proffesionaly done how to, with picture and links, on the exact subject your interested in. id post the link to you here directly but surprize, they are shown copying a movie and its warez. happy trails

Back