• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump, flow, and cooling questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

John_R

Registered
I have a eheim 1048 pump. I have the innovatek water cooling kit, if any of you are familiar with it. I have my pump on the bottom/front of the case. I have my rad in the back where the power supply should be ( I made a special plate for my RAD and PSU. Only half of the intake on the PSU is exposed cause of the RAD. ) I have a maximum of maybe 3 feet of hose altogether. The order in which I have my flow running is. RES/PUMP to RAD to WB back to RES/PUMP. The RAD is about 1 foot above the PUMP. About a 45 degree angle to travel upwards, then its DOWN the rad, to the WB, then down to the RES/Pump. I am getting almost 45C under load. I am pretty dissapointed. I need a second 120mm fan for the RAD, But what else can I do to help cool it down, Is there anything wrong with my setup? Some advice would be great.

I am running:
1900+ @1800Mhz @ 1.85V (Unlocked)
Corsair PC 2100 Ram
ABit KR7A-133
Ati Radeon 8500 64MB DDR 275/275
Linksys Network card 10/100
Sound Blaster Audigy X-Gamer

um i can think of two things really. first, is your radiator large enough and getting enough airflow? second, make sure you have good contact between waterblock and cpu (upgrading thermal paste will drop you a couple degrees C usually)

Cooling

Hey fletch,

I am using artic thermal 3. It was running around 50C when I first applied. I reapplied and adjusted the block and it dropped down to about 35 idle. Now, as we speak I am running open case, @ 39C. I have the maxxxpert RAD with a 120 fan pulling through it. Go to www.highspeedpc.com to see the specs on the water cooling kit.

Back