• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another home made shroud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How about a shroud for a BIX? Anyone ever done that before? I might have to make it outta cardboard since I am no metal worker or have the tools to mess with metal or the money to buy metal. Well you get the picture. I hope it turns out as well as those metal ones that you guys have. Would creating air turbulators within the shroud have an even greater impact on cooling performance with the same amount of air?

you can do the same for a BIX. All you need to make it out of metal is some tin snips (less than $10) and I already bought my sheet metal. 2 pieces of 12"x8" for like $1.24 at home depot. It'll be a lot better than cardboard. Just make a nice shroud.

I dont really wanna shell out money for tools that I think Im only gonna use once. If anyone is willing to make one to sell for a Bix, Id happily pay for one. :D

haha, but man... it's a tool to hold onto, what if you ever change heatercores? or want to make another shroud? it's a cheap tool anyways... you'd probably have to pay somebody more to send one to you and everything than to buy the parts :)

Ya know whats a trip?

My nickname is Bix, and it really freaks me out when you guys refer to your Black Ice Extreme's as BIX's. I get all confused.

Very professional looking shroud...I hope mine turns out as well.

I would like to see what everyone is talking about here, but the picture is not showing up? Is it possible to see it please?? thanks

Just a thought..... I understand you can join acrylic using ether. A mate used to make allsorts of stuff out of it, and it kinda just melts it together, and the joint is almost invisible. Should look really cool.

A real knockout!! (sorry......... couldn't resist it once I saw it)

I have never done watercooling before, so forgive me

What is a shroud? I know what a heater core is though :/

Back