• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this look right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks good to me, though would it be possible to mount it at the bottom where the PSU is? Remember, hot air rises, and if the rad is at the bottom, it also minimizes problems with air getting trapped in it.

I have one of those cases. I have not been impressed, they are not as roomy as they look. It is not very tall and only has 6 exposed bays. If you are not going to put in a RAID, then it is fine. If you are going to RAID, the space on that side goes quick.

Ridenow said:
I have one of those cases. I have not been impressed, they are not as roomy as they look. It is not very tall and only has 6 exposed bays. If you are not going to put in a RAID, then it is fine. If you are going to RAID, the space on that side goes quick.

Only thing that will be in it is my MoBo, watercooling, CD-RW, Floppy, sound card, video card and two hard drives. Maybe later on I'll add a hard drive or two.

Klownin79 said:

Only thing that will be in it is my MoBo, watercooling, CD-RW, Floppy, sound card, video card and two hard drives. Maybe later on I'll add a hard drive or two.

You should be fine. I have a SCSI backplane and have problems. Also I notice that the pics have the pump in the bottom drive bays, that may not be the best place for it.

First, I am a drive freak. My needs may be different than yours. I do not like the idea of blocking some of the few external bays.

First thought, move the PSU to the top, have the rad under it and then the pump at the bottom.

Second thought, there should be room for the pump on the other side. It is not as wide as the rad and could be mounted to the base next to the motherboard. It would have to be near the front so it did not block the cards.

Well will it be ok there since I'm not a drive freak. All I hvae now is the TDK CD-RW and maybe later on a DVD-rom or a 4" LCD.

Back