• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probelms with Dragon+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Today I tried to flash my BIOS. I downloaded Awdflash and the latest Dragon+ BIOS and everytime I go to do it, it said Bad error or something like that. I tried booting off a floppy but no luck. So I did safe mode command prompt. I also did like it told me to about putting in the Awdflask and .Bin disk and typing Dir then went to type Awdflash and then the .Bin and nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I was told that if I couldn't boot to dos to do Command Prompt. After a long night tho I finaly got it to boot in to Dos. I tried the OEM Windows Boot disk that came with Windows 98S.E., I tried the one that Soyo says to use. Finaly I just click on A drive selected Format and then did Copy system files and that worked. Only problem now is in the boot screen where it shows how much memory you have mine keeps going, it gets to 25600 and then flips back to 0 and starts all over again.

Maybe too late for this -- but you do have your floppy as your first boot device in you BIOS settings? Right? One other thing, there is a Windows-based AWARD bios flasher out there (Winflash? .. can't remember the name) which is on another MB manufacturer's web site but which is supposed to work fine with Soyo. But I don't know if it works only with certain OS's.

EDIT: Just did a quick search with this result (winflash):

Link

Yea right before I tried to flash my BIOS I went in to the BIOS and made it boot from floppy first. I did everthing, I even formatted my hard drives. Thinking it could have something to do with my Dual boot set-up. Come to find out it was just a bad floppy disk. How sad is that.

Back