• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resising boot partition of Win 2K Server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jazza005

I am running out of room fast on the boot partition on Windows 2000 Small Business Server. SBS Creates a virtual partition for Exchange on the boot partition, this is the reason I am running out of room. I need to extend the partition but have run into some problems:

a) I cannot extend it using the disk management in Win 2K Server because it will not let you extend the system/boot partition.

b) I cannot extent the boot partition using Powerquest's Volume Manager because it is a dynamic disk. (Error 183)

c) I cannot change it back to a basic disk from a dynamic disk. (Knowledge base article Q217226)

If anyone has had similar experiences I would really appreciate some advice on where to go from here.

P.S. Please dont say 'reinstall the OS...'

Reinstall the os.:D J/K:beer: How much free space is availible on the drive? Couldnt you just create a new partion then make it dynamic and link it to your exsisting dynamic drive. Then move files and or start installing new applications to your new volume. Just a thought.

doesnt the partition have to be created with Pmagic inorder for Pmagic to resize it..?

Back