• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3000 RAM on 8k3a+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I'm running 768meg of PC3000 in mine. Three 256meg sticks of OCZ rev2 at 180mhz FSB with Cas 2 2-6-3-2t timings. Will run at 205mhz FSB if I drop my cas to 2.5

PC 3000

It is just a rating.

Except for an occassional chipset prob with certain ramski, DDR modules of any rating will run on the board.

It is just a rating, just won't show as PC3000 at boot. A newer bios will change that.

baldy:cool:

Keep in mind, if you get PC3000 ram, it wont run at PC3000 speeds unless you overclock your FSB... otherwise it will run @ PC2700 speeds. But the it will be running asynchronous meaning only your memory bus will be going @ 166 while your cpu runs @ 133mhz FSB. When running async, performance is closer to PC2100 speeds so its not really worth it unless you overclock. having PC3000 ram just enables you to overclock your FSB more and maybe you get more mem bandwidth @ higher speeds.

Hehe...well...i dunno yet...these are just "hypothetical" questions for right now...just want to ask a lot of questions to make sure I know how to set it up right when the time comes:) . No harm in that, is there?:eh?:

Back